Let me start off by saying I’m super sorry I missed yesterday’s Friday Five.
I just finished finals on Thursday and between finishing up the semester and traveling home I completely ran out of time. The holidays are crazy but I’m going to do my best to keep up with posting.
Now here’s what you actually came to read about…. how to make a personalized mug to give as a Christmas gift!
What you need:
- A plain white mug – I got mine at my local thrift store
- Oil-based Sharpie Makers – any craft store
1. Wash the mug to make sure it is clean and dry before starting.
2. Draw/write the design you want on your mug.
3. Let it dry completely so the sharpie doesn’t smudge.
4. Bake the mug in the oven for 30 minutes at 350°F. To keep the mug from cracking, make sure you put it in as soon as you turn on the oven. This will slowly bring the mug to temperature while it is preheating. Also let it cool completely in the oven after you turn it off.
5. Hand wash the mug to keep it in good shape.