I was able to make a mini trip home over the weekend for my Mom’s birthday.
It was great to be home and see all of the leaves that changed in my yard. I have the prettiest tree next to my house. I also missed my family and and my dogs, of course!
I went home on a Thursday which happens to be the busiest day of the week for me. I have four classes all jammed into one day. After my class got done at 6:00pm I ran to grab my things from my room and caught the bus to the train station. From there I take a 35 minute train ride into the city, a 5 blocks walk to my bus home, and then a two hour bus ride. The bus drops me off about 40 minutes from my house and Kev picks me up and brings me home. Needless to say, it was a long day and the 4 hour trip was exhausting.
With all of that running around and traveling, I needed an outfit that was easy and comfortable. I didn’t feel like sitting in jeans for the long bus ride so I wore leggings and paired it with an over-sized classic chambray shirt. I layered my favorite scarf over it and decided on my converse sneakers to keep my feet comfortable while running from place to place.
This casual, stylish look, kept me warm enough on the slightly warmer fall day and allowed me to move freely and comfortably throughout my trip.
Tips on Dressing for Traveling:
- If you’re going to wear jeans, make sure it’s a pair that fits you well.
- Dress in layers. Have something to keep you warm, but can also be taken off if you get too hot.
- Wear shoes that are broken-in and comfortable. A cute pair of sneakers is best if you have a lot of walking to do.
- Wear loose fitting shirts.
- Keep makeup in an accessible bag for touch ups.
- Wear minimal jewelry. It’s less to fuss with while you’re on the move.
- Keep your hair simple, especially if you plan on taking a nap during your trip.